PLA Course Subjects
Prior Learning Assessment Course Subjects
- Fundamentals of Stage Lighting (THA-291) 3.00 s.h.
- The functions of light on stage; the use of lighting equipment.
- Stage Management and Technical Directing (THA-380) 3.00 s.h.
- Intensive practical study of the techniques and procedures for stage management and technical direction.
- Stage Band I (MUS-110) 3.00 s.h.
- Exploration of the techniques and literature of the stage band. Pop, rock, swing, blues, and jazz comprise the spectrum of music learned.
- Stage Band II (MUS-115) 3.00 s.h.
- Continued exploration of the techniques and literature of the stage band. Pop, rock, swing, blues, and jazz comprise the spectrum of music learned.
- Stage Make-Up I (THA-103) 3.00 s.h.
- Study and practice in make-up application techniques and creating character make-up designs for corrective, age, imaginative, and period stage make-up.
- Stage Make-Up II (THA-106) 3.00 s.h.
- Continued study and practice in make-up application techniques and creating character make-up designs for corrective age, imaginative, and period stage make-up.
- Stage Dialects (THA-330) 3.00 s.h.
- Lecture and laboratory demonstration on sound substitutions, rhythms, and inflectional patterns used in creating effective stage dialects. Performance in standard British, Cockney, Irish, Scottish, French, Italian, German, and Spanish dialects.
- Stage Techniques: Combat (THA-340) 3.00 s.h.
Stage use of sword-play, hand-to-hand combat and combat choreography with broadsword, epee, cudgel, and staff among others.
Through the Portfolio Assessment process, students will demonstrate that they can appropriately address the following outcomes:
- Analyze a script or score for combat choreography needs and requirements, and develop a workable design concept
- Generate a combat choreography and the associated paperwork common to a production based on the design concept and an evaluation of the performers' spatial relationships and movement necessities in the production
- Design a theatrical production or musical that reflects the above criteria
- Stages and Stagecraft for Miniature Theater (THA-218) 3.00 s.h.
- Stage design and construction for the miniature theater. Stage craft including portable and fixed stages and equipment, lighting and sound effects, sets and props, costuming and make-up.
- Stage Make-Up III (THA-207) 3.00 s.h.
- Special emphasis on character analysis, physiognomy, color in make-up, three dimensional make-up, rubber prosthesis, beard and wig making, and stylized make-up.