PLA Course Subjects
Prior Learning Assessment Course Subjects
- Ethics and Politics of the Black Community (POS-361) 3.00 s.h.
- A critical analysis of ethics and politics in the Black community from 1890 to the present, focusing on styles of leadership and their corresponding theories, forms of ethical thought, and the relation of religion to politics.
- Urban Politics (POS-323) 3.00 s.h.
- The interaction between urban problems and the politics of city government has resulted in important public policy issues in the United States. This course provides an introduction to the politics of metropolitan areas: analysis of the central institutions and processes of urban government, such as mayors, city councils elections, and the criminal justice system, and specific public policy problem areas such as race relations, education, housing, law enforcement, and civil disorder.
- New Jersey Politics (POS-311) 3.00 s.h.
- Examination of various aspects of politics in New Jersey, including elections, governmental institutions, and public policies and the policy-making process.
- Contemporary Western European Politics (POS-364) 3.00 s.h.
- Government and politics of Great Britain, France, Germany and Italy. Institutions, parties, ideologies and interest groups.
- Women and Politics (POS-325) 3.00 s.h.
- Women's participation in politics, with emphasis on the attitudes and behavior of women as voters, activists, and officeholders.
- City Politics I (POS-481) 3.00 s.h.
- Study of city politics and public policy. Emphasis on major problems such as finance, poverty, housing and economic development, education, crime, transportation, and the environment.
- City Politics II (POS-482) 3.00 s.h.
- Continued study of city politics and public policy. Emphasis on major problems such as finance, poverty, housing and economic development, education, crime, transportation, and the environment.
- Sex and Politics (POS-374) 3.00 s.h.
- The bearing of gender upon politics: whether political activity is more characteristic of one of the other sex; the comparative fates of male and female in political society; the political implications of change in the content and mutual status of masculinity and femininity. Inquiry into classical, traditional, and contemporary views.
- Race and Ethnicity in American Politics (POS-373) 3.00 s.h.
- Examination of the changing situation of racial and ethnic groups in American politics since the 1950s. Includes an analysis of important policy questions with direct and indirect bearing on racial and ethnic groups in the United States.
- Politics and Religion (POS-328) 3.00 s.h.
- Relationship between religion and political life. Emphasis on the work of religious and political theorists. The place of religion in American political life and discussion of religion in contemporary politics.
More 's indicate a better match.
Courses 1-10 of 64 matches.