PLA Course Subjects
Prior Learning Assessment Course Subjects
- Fundamentals of Information Technology (CMP-202) 3.00 s.h.
Fund raising for nonprofit organizations: corporate, individual and foundation giving. Grant writing.
Through the Portfolio Assessment process, students will demonstrate that they can appropriately address the following outcomes:
- Explain why nonprofits exist.
- Define a philanthropic gift and discuss why people make philanthropic gifts.
- Discuss the importance of an organization's mission in fundraising and the role of a “case for giving” in any fundraising effort.
- Name, describe and give examples of at least five methods of fundraising from individuals and/or organizations.
- Use the fundraising cycle to describe the activities possible to secure a charitable gift from an individual.
- Outline the grant proposal process.
- Describe the methods to identify a grant prospect and discuss the importance of mission match in this process.
- Name how volunteers, board members and staff are used in a fundraising effort, and provide a job description of at least one volunteer role.
- Talk about why commissions are not appropriate in fundraising.
- Explain why the AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) Code of Ethics is an important guide to staff, board and volunteers who engage in charitable gift fundraising.