PLA Course Subjects
Prior Learning Assessment Course Subjects
- Design for Dance Lighting (DAN-451) 3.00 s.h.
- Techniques of designing lighting for dance. Practical applications include designing and executing lighting for dance for concerts in various settings.
- Planning and Growing New Ventures (MAN-434) 3.00 s.h.
- Focuses on how entrepreneurs turn small businesses into larger businesses. Includes planning, forecasting sales, increasing production, designing new products or services, designing distribution and managing a sales force, managing personnel, using strategic linkages with other companies to increase market presence, and working with a growing customer base. Discusses how to manage a small firm in hard financial times. Offers students an opportunity to develop comprehensive business plans for new or existing businesses as term projects.
- Proposal Writing (ENG-329) 3.00 s.h.
- Instruction in designing, writing, and documenting information for proposals.
- Writing for Publication (ENG-328) 3.00 s.h.
- Instruction in designing, writing, and documenting information for publication.
- Grant Writing (ENG-307) 3.00 s.h.
- Instruction in designing, writing, and documenting information for grants.
- Single-Camera Production (RTV-357) 3.00 s.h.
- Orientation and practice in producing, writing, designing, and directing sight and sound projects using the single camera shooting and editing style.
- Textiles II (ART-348) 3.00 s.h.
- Continued study of designing and decorating of fabrics, exploring the various materials and methods involved: such as wax and paste resists, silk screening and block printing with dyes.
- Foundations (CET-323) 3.00 s.h.
Design of concrete and reinforced concrete footing and foundations and retaining walls. Bearing, friction, and combined pile, pile caps, and sheet piling.
Through the Portfolio Assessment process, students will demonstrate that they can appropriately address the following outcomes:
- Describe principles of designing concrete and reinforced concrete footings and foundations
- Describe principles of designing concrete and reinforced concrete retaining walls
- Explain the concepts of bearing and friction in foundation design
- Apply bearing and friction calculations in foundation design
- State the effects of combined pile, pile caps and sheet piling in foundation design
- Discuss the problems and solutions associated to combined pile, pile caps and sheet piling in foundation design
- Solid State Circuit Design (ELT-301) 3.00 s.h.
- Advanced uses of operational amplifiers with particular emphasis on the design of linear and switchmode power supplies. Discussion of rule-of-thumb and design tradeoffs from a practical standpoint. Lab experience in designing, breadboarding and testing practical circuits.
- Fashion (HOE-232) 3.00 s.h.
- Students develop an understanding of what fashion is, where it originated, and how it is important today. This course explores designing, marketing, retailing, display, and promotion of fashions. The course views fashion from the perspective of both consumer and retailer. It also considers fashions for the home as well as men, women and children.
More 's indicate a better match.
Courses 1-10 of 28 matches.